What is THIS?
THIS is a high-growth, VC-backed emerging leader in producing plant-based food. Meat-alternatives, to be exact. In fact if we’re being reallllly exact – our products are at the leading-edge of the plant-based sector in terms of taste, texture and appearance. Here’s our insta, for a quick stalk - https://www.instagram.com/this.uk
It’s worth mentioning that since our launch in June 2019, the company has experienced extremely significant growth in revenue – 188% in the last year. We have strong aspirations to continue this growth trajectory as we aim to be the no.1 plant based brand in the UK and beyond and we believe we have the team (60 plus and growing) and investment to do achieve this.
Why are we doing THIS?
We’re Andy and Pete - co-founders of THIS. Our last job entailed selling tonnes (literally tonnes) of meat. Then we felt bad. Also, we felt like meat-alternatives weren't realllllly for people who love the taste of meat. We felt like they were for people who like sandals and socks. So we've basically ended up making THIS for ourselves, but we'd love other meat-lovers to nom nom it too. THIS is a game-changer.
At our core, we believe:
- Stereotypes around plant-based food need to be bulldozed
- Guilt-trips don’t make people hungry
- Plant-based food should mean zero-compromise - this is how we can recruit more meat reducers to the category
What’s the deal with this role?
We’re looking for someone to lead the Technical team and help build a Market leading reputation for our product quality. Working across our Supply base, internal teams and end customers you will use your knowledge, experience and character to manage the Food Safety & Quality agenda. Reporting into the Operations Director, you’ll be responsible for defining the strategic technical agenda and building on the culture and quality culture with the team at THIS.
A key part of the Operations team you’ll be comfortable working with the agility that the industry and our growth demands but it’s expected that you’ll be comfortable standing for what you believe in too.
What will you be doing?
- Leading the quality agenda for the brand across all products
- Creating/managing the policies and procedures needed to make sure our products are always of the highest quality
- Carrying out, root cause analysis and leading the subsequent corrective actions resulting from any production issues or consumer complaints that we come across
- Supporting our Innovation function with all new launches from a QA and product labelling perspective
- Carrying out internal audits on all our manufacturing partners and working with them to ensure all processes are fit for purpose and being followed.
- Overseeing the creation of our product specifications
Hello… Is it you we’re looking for...
- Someone with an end-to-end understanding of chilled, short-life FMCG supply chain
- Preferably 3+ years of experience in FMCG Quality Assurance with a strong understanding of 3rd logistics and 3rd party supplier relationships
- Experience of production
- Strong problem solving skills and high numerical aptitude
- Methodical thinker with high attention to detail
- Ideally a person who’s worked in a high-growth company and has experienced all of the associated growing pains and wins
- Someone with management experience
- A HUSTLER. This person will need to be reactive, efficient, and able to build relationships quickly with our manufacturing partners
- Positive attitude, proactivity and a tenacious character: things in our business can change very quickly, so being comfortable reacting quickly to unexpected opportunities and challenges is super important too!
- Ability and interest to work cross-functionally, we’re still a relatively small team and believe that strong collaboration will take us further than working in silos
- Honesty & integrity - a conviction in your work to improve your small patch of the world for yourself and for others
- Team player: we’re colleagues but also mates (unless we're playing table tennis)
As a fast growing business, everyone who joins us needs to be ready to roll up their sleeves and carry out tasks away from their core focus because - they just need to get done. That could be helping to prepare samples for a customer meeting, trying new products and giving tasting notes, packing cold bags into boxes or a lot of other random stuff that comes up. They're not always the most glamorous jobs, but from the founders down, the whole team gets involved!
From our side
- A competitive salary that fairly recognises your experience and potential.
- We are offering share-options in our company to everyone who joins us.
- 25 days paid holiday plus bank-holidays – we care about our team’s wellbeing, so we make sure you have time to fully switch off, rest, and recharge.
- Flexible working hours – We're not a 9-5. Our focus is on your ability to deliver for the business, not your ability to keep strict working hours.
- You’ll have a £500 wellness allowance every year (pro-rata) to spend on things that will improve your physical and mental wellness like gym memberships, fitness classes, dentistry, meditation apps and more.
- Mental health support - the company pays for Spill, a mental health wellness provider that gives everyone access to qualified therapists and mental health resources.
- 3 pm finish every last Friday of the month
The chance to have a meaningful impact
As a small, albeit growing, team you'll be exposed to - and have the chance to contribute towards - challenges and projects at all levels and in all areas of the business. A good idea is a good idea, regardless of the experience or seniority of who came up with it.
We'd love to hear from you, so please apply with your CV and we'll be in touch!