Commercial Manager (Foodservice)
What is THIS?
THIS is a high-growth, VC-backed emerging leader in producing plant-based food. Meat-alternatives, to be exact. In fact if we’re being reallllly exact – our products are at the leading-edge of the plant-based sector in terms of taste, texture and appearance. Here’s our insta, for a quick stalk - https://www.instagram.com/this.uk
It’s worth mentioning that since our launch in June 2019, the company has experienced extremely significant growth in revenue – 188% in the last year. We have strong aspirations to continue this growth trajectory as we aim to be the no.1 plant based brand in the UK and beyond and we believe we have the team (60 plus and growing) and investment to do achieve this.
Why are we doing THIS?
At our core, we believe:
- Stereotypes around plant-based food need to be bulldozed
- Guilt-trips don’t make people hungry
- Plant-based food should mean zero-compromise - this is how we can recruit more meat reducers to the category
What’s the deal with this role?
We’re in a super strong position to be owning the foodservice channel and we believe that we have the products to do this. You’ll be owning and building the QSR & major Pub outlet channels, looking at upcoming opportunities with keen interest. You’ll need to be super driven by the thought of smashing targets and able to take pride in generating leads and landing them for the business. We’ve been busy in innovation which means you won’t be short of products to sell in.
What will you be doing?
- Winning business for the company - we need someone super driven by targets
- Managing major foodservice customers including major pub groups and QSR chains
- Working with our current Foodservice team to build on existing business
- Identify amazing opportunities within the space and go after them with as much hunger as someone craving our products
- Internal stakeholder management - reporting into our Lead Foodservice Commercial Manager, you’ll be ensuring your KPI’s and targets are being met
- Regular sales forecasting, tracking & reporting
- Negotiating terms with buyers and driving visibility by getting THIS on the menu
What are we looking for?
- A keen interest in all aspects of the food industry - our team love checking out new restaurants, sharing recipes, trying new products and chatting about what we had for lunch!
- 5 plus years of experience in FMCG, with the majority working on wholesale accounts with full P&L responsibility
- A proven track record of getting big accounts across the line
- In-depth experience and understanding of major foodservice, pub or QSR accounts
- A strong understanding of P&L management and putting together a compelling sell in story
- Strong negotiation and relationship-building skills.
- Someone persistent, driven and energetic who will break through what seem like brick walls to get deals across the line!
- Positive attitude, proactivity and a tenacious character
- Ability and interest to work cross-functionally, we’re a small team and believe that strong collaboration will take us further than working in silos
- Honesty & integrity
- We don’t take ourselves seriously and we laugh at the silliest, stupid things… So you don’t need to be a stand-up comedian but having a sense of humour is defo necessary.
From our side
- A competitive salary that fairly recognises your experience and potential.
- We are offering share-options in our company to everyone who joins us at this early stage
- 25 days paid holiday plus bank-holidays – we care about our team’s wellbeing, so we make sure you have time to fully switch off, rest, and recharge.
- Flexible working hours – We're not a 9-5. No-one will tap their watch if you prefer to start late and finish late because you like to go to the gym before work. Our focus is on your ability to deliver for the business, not your ability to keep strict working hours.
- You’ll have a £500 wellness allowance every year (pro-rata) to spend on things that will improve your physical and mental wellness like gym memberships, fitness classes, counselling, dentistry, physio, meditation apps and more.
- To further support mental health, the company pays for Spill, a mental health wellness provider that gives everyone access to qualified therapists and mental health resources.
- A values-led working environment that encourages putting people first, honesty, curiosity and leadership.
The chance to have a meaningful impact
As a small, albeit growing, team you'll be exposed to - and have the chance to contribute towards - challenges and projects at all levels and in all areas of the business. A good idea is a good idea, regardless of the experience or seniority of who came up with it.